Splunk Enterprise

Splunk 6 web interface - not possible to open events in new window from statistics pane

bochmann
Path Finder

In earlier versions of Splunk, it was possible to CTRL-click on statistics results, and have a search with the appropriate field opened in a new browser window.

In Splunk 6, the new search is always opened in the same window, and I have to rely on the browser back button to go back to the statistics view. That's a major hassle when trying to quickly go through event details from statistics - especially as going back will always end up on the first page of the statistics, not the one you were coming from.

Simple example: I have a search in the line of host=server | top limit=100 id.
When I click on one of the results in the id row of the statistics page, Splunk 6 will start a new search with host=server id=result in the same browser window, losing the statistics overview.

Is there any way to get the old behaviour back?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

mattness
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately the ability to use special command keys to open a stats chart drilldown search in a new window is not supported in Splunk Enterprise 6.0. Your request has been noted by the engineering team and they are considering the possibility of restoring this functionality in a future release.

View solution in original post

mattness
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately the ability to use special command keys to open a stats chart drilldown search in a new window is not supported in Splunk Enterprise 6.0. Your request has been noted by the engineering team and they are considering the possibility of restoring this functionality in a future release.

mattness
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'll try to keep this ball rolling. 🙂

bochmann
Path Finder

Thanks. I hope it successfully gets past the consideration phase 🙂

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I hope there's a solution to this, too!

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...