Splunk Dev

[EXCEPTION] HTTP 200 OK

sharathemerian

I have setup splunk sdk and I am trying to run splunk searches.
For any search including the saved searches I get this result ==> [EXCEPTION] HTTP 200 OK.

I am using splunk for the first time, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sharath Kumar

Tags (3)
0 Karma

twhitehead

Not a direct answer to the bug, but an alternative to making the exec_mode=blocking.

I hadn't experienced the issue in the last 7 years using exec_mode=normal, recently I've begun migrating to PHP 7.1 which is when I first noticed the bug and it occurred every request. During debugging sessions, the bug would only occur some of the times, I noticed when I was digging into the create method, the request would succeed.

I placed a one second sleep after the create and before my isDone loop and the request succeeds. I haven't looked into the cause of the bug itself, but I suspect at least for myself when running under PHP 5.3.8 the processing is that much slower than PHP 7 that it was enough of a delay to not trigger the bug. I would wager that the job in splunk hasn't been fully created by the time the script was looking for a status.

0 Karma

vijayaragavans

Hi,

Yes. i also got the same issue with splunk sdk api. able to resolve it with exec_mode as blocking in creating a job element.

More understanding : http://www.drtuts.com/http-200-ok-response-in-splunk-api-php/

thanks,
vijay,Hi Sharath,

Yes. I also faced same issues with splunk sdk api.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...