Security

Forgot Pass4symmKey

nerelluk

Hi All,

Is their any way to decrypt splunk encrypted-pass4symmkey or else will splunk team support for the
plain text pass4symmkey

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

p_gurav
Champion

Hi ,

Its better if you change pass4symmkey and stored it securely somewhere for future use.

Although below blog give script to decrypt password, you can give a try:
https://www.hurricanelabs.com/splunk-tutorials/make-splunk-do-it-how-to-decrypt-passwords-encrypted-...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

You have to put single quotes around the key - and in one attempt I had to remove the trailing equal-signs.

BTW - there's also a splunk show-encrypted --value 'topsecret' - which creates strings starting with "$7$" - but I have no idea how/where to use it.

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for informing that i need to put pass4SymmKey in quotes.

I will try and post the results here.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi ,

Its better if you change pass4symmkey and stored it securely somewhere for future use.

Although below blog give script to decrypt password, you can give a try:
https://www.hurricanelabs.com/splunk-tutorials/make-splunk-do-it-how-to-decrypt-passwords-encrypted-...

0 Karma

nerelluk

Thanks Gurav

It means a lot!!

0 Karma

nerelluk

Hi Gurav

when i am adding a new sever to the licensemaster i am getting the following error...

"Splunkd daemon is not responding: ("Error connecting to /services/licenser/localslave/license: ('The read operation timed out',)",)"

i had done for the pass4syymkey...but what about the SSL...?

Hope the issue might reslove

Thanks

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Please accept answer if its helpful!! 🙂

0 Karma

nerelluk

when i am about to accept answer it is throwing an error ..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...