Reporting

New User Welcome Email

aattinello
Engager

When I am creating a new user, is there a way to
1) Send him a welcome email through splunk?
2) Force him to change his password the first time he logs in (much list the admin user must do on the initial install)?

I recently created 20 users and had to email each of them with their user name and a link to our splunk install. Then i had to strongly suggest they change the password I set for them, but I did not see a way to enforce that.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Nope, not in Splunk's native authentication. I suggest using LDAP instead; then you move password management to a system that is designed to do password management...

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Nope, not in Splunk's native authentication. I suggest using LDAP instead; then you move password management to a system that is designed to do password management...

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, you can use LDAP with Splunk Cloud.

0 Karma

aattinello
Engager

Thank you, does that go for "Splunk Cloud" as well?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...