Reporting

How to check the current number of my Scheduled Searches having queued up ?

joy76
Path Finder

Hi, I posted this new thread to be separately dealt with previous post of mine titled as follows:
"Running Saved Searches with Default Index _internal."

(Click on the following link: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/83946/running-saved-searches-with-default-index-_internal?open...)

And now I want to ask a new question as follows:
After I have my saved searches scheduled and executed them, then how can I check the current number of my scheduled searches being queued up since start of their execution ? Any suggestion ?

1 Solution

Simon
Contributor

Something like

index=_internal sourcetype="splunkd" group=search_concurrency 

and

index=_internal sourcetype="splunkd" group="searchscheduler"

?

View solution in original post

Simon
Contributor

Something like

index=_internal sourcetype="splunkd" group=search_concurrency 

and

index=_internal sourcetype="splunkd" group="searchscheduler"

?

joy76
Path Finder

Simon, I converted my comments into new question as in the following title:
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/84740/search-concurrency-and-search-scheduler
In that link you'll see my follow-up question on your comments above 🙂

0 Karma

joy76
Path Finder

Hi, Simon. Thanks for your clarifying comment to my question.
Due to the log results that I performed your suggested strings, I post the log results in Answer thread. So please, refer to my answer below. Sorry for confusion.

0 Karma

joy76
Path Finder

Let me put the original question in the following way:

How can I check the current number of queued-up "summary indexing populating searches" that have so far been run ?

Here is the situation:
1. There is one Search Head.
2. There are two different indexers: Indexer 1 and Indexer 2.
3. Summary indexing is happening on Search Head.

Considered the above background, I hope that this changed question might be much clearer to answer to from happy splunkers.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...