Getting Data In

Will the HTTP Event Collector respond with any error if it can't keep up with event volume?

sandeep23
Engager

I am planning to use HEC on heavy forwarder(s) which will forward to the indexer(s).

My question: Is HEC designed to return any error(s) to the sender if it can't keep up with volume of input? Does in-memory input queue configuration have any impact on response?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ineeman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes - if we fail to enqueue events into the queues (in memory or persistent) we will give you back an error (and a 502 response code) to say the service is too busy to handle requests.

View solution in original post

ineeman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes - if we fail to enqueue events into the queues (in memory or persistent) we will give you back an error (and a 502 response code) to say the service is too busy to handle requests.

gaarti

@ineeman
How should we make sure that we don't hit this issue? I keep getting this 503 Server busy error when I have seen a large volume of events getting posted to HEC.

Thanks much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...