Getting Data In

Is it possible to initiate a curl command from a dashboard?

bobcatluke
Explorer

Hi all, I created a job in Rundeck that lets you select a Splunk app and a time period, then enables/disables the app and sends an email alert out. I figured out how to initiate the job using command line curl to communicate with the Rundeck rest API.

I have a dashboard in Splunk where you select the app from a drop down then type the time period into a text box. I would like to extract the token values you provide and input them into a curl command, which is then initiated when you press submit.

Does anyone know if this would be possible and if so, how I should go about doing it.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Check out this cool new app HTTP Alert Action:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4585/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...