Getting Data In

Get error message: command="darklist", 'URLError' object has no attribute 'code'

addproniklas
Engager

Hi,

Im getting a error message when running the savedsearch "Norse - Download Norse Darklist" after i have provided the app with an valid API key.
The error message is:

command="darklist", 'URLError' object has no attribute 'code'

Could someone please help me to figure out what im doing wrong and how to fix it?

BR
/Nik,Hi,

I'm trying to get the Norse App to work, but with no luck.
I've provided the app with my API key, but when i run the savedsearch "Norse - Download Norse Darklist" i get the following error message:

command="darklist", 'URLError' object has no attribute 'code'

Can you please help me to figure out what im doing wrong and what i can do to fix it?

Br
Nik

1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, we believe this to be because the Norse API has changed; the old API that this Add-on uses is no longer functional. This Add-on is consequently at its end of life... We believe it will need restructuring to be usable with the new API.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, we believe this to be because the Norse API has changed; the old API that this Add-on uses is no longer functional. This Add-on is consequently at its end of life... We believe it will need restructuring to be usable with the new API.

0 Karma

baldwintm
Path Finder

It looks like this is trying to connect to http://darklist.ipviking.net/slice
The connection is timing out. It looks like that server is no longer listening on port 80.
(It currently resolves to: 64.19.78.10)

0 Karma

subnet

Could be a bandwidth or connection issue if you are going through a proxy. Try running

| norse_download_darklist | outputlookup norse_darklist_lookup

If you still have issue, then most likely bandwidth/connection.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...