Getting Data In

Can I use frozenTimePeriodInSecs in a volume config?

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Subject says it all; I want to have all of the contents of my home volume (hot / warm) expire after 45 days and the cold expire after 180 days. Can I put frozenTimePeriodInSecs in a volume config?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The frozenTimePeriodInSecs parameter is not currently supported for volumes, or even per "tier" (warm vs. cold).

It's a good idea, particularly for triggering the warm-to-cold roll based on age across several indexes - we'd want to offer that possibility on a per-index basis as well, of course.

Please file an enhancement request.

View solution in original post

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The frozenTimePeriodInSecs parameter is not currently supported for volumes, or even per "tier" (warm vs. cold).

It's a good idea, particularly for triggering the warm-to-cold roll based on age across several indexes - we'd want to offer that possibility on a per-index basis as well, of course.

Please file an enhancement request.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...