Deployment Architecture

Manual process of Splunk deployment

jangid
Builder

How do I deploy Splunk and SplunkForwarder from zip package instead of msi?

I create a Zip package and trying to run in another machine but I am not able to start it 😞

C:\splunkforwarder\bin>splunk start

Splunk> Take the sh out of IT.

Checking prerequisites...
Checking mgmt port [8090]: open
Checking conf files for typos... Done
All preliminary checks passed.

Starting splunk server daemon (splunkd)... SplunkForwarder: Unable to start the service: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

I tried to Install service from splunk and standard windows command but I think I am missing something here.

can you guys please help me?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Splunker
Communicator

Jangid,

The deployment server only deploys/manages Splunk apps/configs, you will need to use something like a GPO/Puppet, etc, to push the actual software.

This is all detailed in the Splunk docs.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Splunker
Communicator

Jangid,

The deployment server only deploys/manages Splunk apps/configs, you will need to use something like a GPO/Puppet, etc, to push the actual software.

This is all detailed in the Splunk docs.

0 Karma

jangid
Builder

OK I figure out
You need to run below command first time

splunk enable boot-start
after
splunk start

0 Karma

jangid
Builder

My process is very simple, I don't want to push to another server/computer. I just want to use existing pre-configured Splunk forwarder. Something similar to http://wiki.splunk.com/Deploy:Migrating_a_Splunk_Install

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...