Deployment Architecture

Can I use the same deployer for multiple search head clusters?

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've got several search head clusters. Can I use a single deployer to service all of them?

1 Solution

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Only if you plan to provision them all in exactly the same way.

The deployer sends the same configuration bundle to all cluster members that it services. Therefore, if you have multiple search head clusters, you can use the same deployer for all the clusters only if the clusters employ exactly the same configurations, apps, and so on. If you anticipate that your clusters might need different configurations over time, set up a separate deployer for each cluster.

View solution in original post

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Only if you plan to provision them all in exactly the same way.

The deployer sends the same configuration bundle to all cluster members that it services. Therefore, if you have multiple search head clusters, you can use the same deployer for all the clusters only if the clusters employ exactly the same configurations, apps, and so on. If you anticipate that your clusters might need different configurations over time, set up a separate deployer for each cluster.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...