All Apps and Add-ons

splunk for stream and pfring

albertohontoria
Path Finder

Hello friends

I normally use pf_ring packet capture acceleration for analyzing wire data. Is it recommended or supported for use with streamfwd packet capture?

regards

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not currently used / supported. Our testing indicates it's unnecessary for traffic volumes less than about 5 Gbps (per network interface). However, it's one of the items in the backlog that we hope to explore more in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not currently used / supported. Our testing indicates it's unnecessary for traffic volumes less than about 5 Gbps (per network interface). However, it's one of the items in the backlog that we hope to explore more in the future.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...