All Apps and Add-ons

How to set up the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA on a Windows server?

ntdung

Dear all,
I'm a newbie:)
Is there anybody that can help run me through the step by step process to set up the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA on a Windows Server?

Many thanks!

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, the key to understanding this is that the ASA add-on doesn't gather data, it models it. You need to configure Splunk to receive the data and set a sourcetype that tells the knowledge mapping in the Addon to apply.

If your devices are already configured to write logs into a syslog server, you can just monitor the directory. If you are starting from scratch, you can have the devices send syslog straight to Splunk by adding a network input.

0 Karma

demonio316

You did NOT answer his question.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, that's a good reason to use the down-vote button to the left of my answer.

dgahagan

Would be interested in this as well. I HAD it working but upgraded to v3.1.0 of the Splunk TA Add-on for cisco ASA and that broke everything.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...