All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect 2: Why am I getting error "Current license does not allow the requested action in modular input mi_input://ARM_Monitoring." on my heavy-forwarder?

ArsenyKapralov
Path Finder

Hi!

I've installed Splunk DB Connect 2 app on my newly deployed heavy forwarder. I set up all required settings for connection: new identity, new connection, and new input. When I'm trying to execute input I have following error in dbx2.log:

[INFO] [mi_base.py] Caught exception [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action in modular input mi_input://ARM_Monitoring. Retrying 4 of 6.

Can you please help me to identify why this happens? License group set to "Forwarder license"

0 Karma
1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

DBX-1741 is fixed in 2.0.2 which is out now.

View solution in original post

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

DBX-1741 is fixed in 2.0.2 which is out now.

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That is a bug, DBX-1741 -- it's on the list to be addressed soon.

mmezei

I have the same issue. Please fix... TY!

0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

When will this be addressed? I have the same and my DB input won't work (because of this?)
I run this in a free version on a local machine.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm afraid your issue is a different one, it isn't tested and probably won't work on a free version

0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

But all I want to do is test drive splunk and db connect 2.
I have a simple query that I want to use to fill an index and then do some searches on that data.
Are you saying I can't do this in the free version?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I would actually expect it to work in the time-bombed initial download, but not work in the completely free version when role based access control is turned off.

0 Karma

mmezei

Why the need to restrict this in the free version? There are smaller companies that use and of course appreciate the free version. I guess we help Splunk as well with finding bugs, early adoption of new versions etc.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Because the identities system relies on user accounts, groups, and permissions.

0 Karma

mmezei

I am also running free version and I am getting a similar error. I was under the impression that most apps would work under the free version. Is that not the case?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is the case, but this is one add-on which doesn't work in that situation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...