All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Networks app is not showing any result

gilbertos
Engager

Hi, I have installed cisco networks app and add-on. I have a labdata file with many events loaded to splunk. All data can be seen from search engine, but the app shows no result. Is it possible to use the labdata information on Cisco Networks? Should I add some configuration in order to it work?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kiran_panchavat
Communicator

@gilbertos Follow the instructions, I would request you to check the sourcetype.  sourcetype should match as per the add-on. 

kiran_panchavat_0-1713628093242.png

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Communicator

@gilbertos Follow the instructions, I would request you to check the sourcetype.  sourcetype should match as per the add-on. 

kiran_panchavat_0-1713628093242.png

0 Karma

gilbertos
Engager

it is working now. thanks!

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

According to the documentation on the Details page of the splunkbase page at Splunkbase (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1352), this app reads from the sourcetype cisco:ios. Make sure that when you configure the input for the labdata file, that you set the sourcetype to cisco:ios . Once this is done, the dashboards should work.

0 Karma

gilbertos
Engager

It is working now. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...