All Apps and Add-ons

Bitdefender please update the add-on

hermesramos
Explorer

Hello Bitdefender team, 

Could you kindly assist with updating the Bitdefender GravityZone Add-on for Splunk? Currently, we are experiencing difficulties uploading the add-on per the integrations instructions provided in:

https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77211-171475-splunk.html 

and we're receiving the following error message:

“The Add-on Builder version used to create this app (4.1.0) is below the minimum required version of 4.1.3. Please re-generate your add-on using Add-on Builder 4.1.3 or later. File: default/addon_builder.conf Line Number: 4”

Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hermesramos
Explorer

Hi @marnall, Thank you for your comment, I will definitely try that next time. At this time, I was able to workaround the issue and upload the app by extracting the add-on tar and performing the following: 

1-Navigate to the add-on default directory.
2- vi addon_builder.conf, 
3- change this line accordingly: builder_version = 4.1.3
4- Run: find . -name .DS_Store -delete (macOS) 
5- tar the app folder again and re-upload. 

It would be beneficial for the vendor to update the add-on to ensure it meets the criteria for official support. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Does the app work if you delete that addon_builder.conf file from the tgz file? It seems to contain a lookup, event types, props, tags, and transforms. These should still work even if Splunk complains about an older add-on builder version.

0 Karma

hermesramos
Explorer

Hi @marnall, Thank you for your comment, I will definitely try that next time. At this time, I was able to workaround the issue and upload the app by extracting the add-on tar and performing the following: 

1-Navigate to the add-on default directory.
2- vi addon_builder.conf, 
3- change this line accordingly: builder_version = 4.1.3
4- Run: find . -name .DS_Store -delete (macOS) 
5- tar the app folder again and re-upload. 

It would be beneficial for the vendor to update the add-on to ensure it meets the criteria for official support. 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...