Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk cyber defense analyst certification

karthick_03
Engager

Hi

I have appeared for the cyber defense analyst (CDA) exam long back.I did not get my results whether iam passes or not.Also scorecard in pearsonvue showing "Results will be provided via email".When will I receive my results.please help here! @splunk @exam-dev-staff 

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I received my results today.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

cert-team-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @karthick_03 , 

This exam is currently in the beta phase (the reason it is free), and the results should be released in October once we have gathered all of the data. The notification you received is a verification of completion. In the fine print it says, "Results will be provided via email once the appropriate cut score has been established."

Let us know if you have anymore questions. 

Thanks, 

-Splunk Certification Team

TheLinuxBoy

Can I please know the passing marks or percentage of this exam.

0 Karma

Eugen_Sokol
Engager

Does this mean that all the applicants under Beta version must complete the exam by end of September?

Thank you

0 Karma

cert-team-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @Eugen_Sokol, if you would like to take the beta exam, it will be available for free until the end of September.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

one more question...approx, how long this exam will be in beta testing?!?!
so, in oct, the cut score will be finalized and the results will be given to all exam writers.. for the who failed in the first attempt, for those who would like to re-appear for the exam, will the exam be in beta, so that we can re-appear for free, please suggest, thanks. 

cert-team-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @inventsekar

As of now, the beta exam will be available to take once until September 30th. Then, after collecting the beta data from all participants, a cut score will be chosen. A pass/fail email will then be sent immediately to all beta test-takers. If a test-taker failed the beta exam, they will have the opportunity to re-take the test once it's live for the standard $130 exam fee. 

Hope this helps! 

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cert-team-admin .. lets say 10,000 Splunk engineers wrote this beta certification, you created a score baseline and 9000 Splunk Engineers failed in the first attempt.

now in Oct, the 9000 Splunk Engineers should pay 130 dollars for their first attempt. I feel this is not fair.

maybe, just for the first time failure Splunk engineers, you should give only one free chance to write the exam. 

if they fail again, then its ok, they should pay 130 dollars for their second attempt. 

Please consider this request, thanks. 

0 Karma

cert-team-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@inventsekar, per our exam re-take policy in the Certification Candidate Handbook, each exam attempt costs $130. During beta, we offer the first attempt for free as a courtesy, as you are helping us collect data for future test-takers. The final passing score will be sent out at some point in October, where you will learn whether or not you passed the exam. If you passed, you will receive the certification and badge. If you did not pass, you can retake the exam per our policy at $130 each attempt, thereafter. 

ADD1
Explorer

@cert-team-admin @inventsekar I feel that even for beta exam the objectives were not clear enough. The modules given for training didnt help at all. There was a vagueness in the blueprint as well and there was no overlap between training modules and blueprint. I came to exam ,preparing just from blueprint and modules and still found the exam quite harder. Some of the question did suprise me and i gave securtiy+ as well. Probably now that i have idea about how deep those topics should be preapred, i have a good chance to ace the exam. But to pay 130$ for a new exam which doesn't have the credibilty in the market yet is quite risky for me.

0 Karma

jotne
Builder

I do not think you would get any reply here.  Contact where you did take the exam and ask about status.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...