Splunk Search

search of user logon count using lookup table to return all users

lindsley
Engager

Hi,

I have a search like this to return the number of times users have logged in over a week.

source="mysource" "login succeeded" | eval luser=lower(user) | stats count(luser) by luser

I also have a lookup table with all users who have access to the system

Is there a way I could make my stats to put out a 0 count for users who are in the lookup table but haven't logged in?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Assuming name of the lookup file is allusers.csv and field name in the lookup is luser, try following

|inputlookup allusers.csv | table luser| eval count=0 | join type=left luser  [search source="mysource" "login succeeded" | eval luser=lower(user) | stats count(luser) as count by luser]

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Assuming name of the lookup file is allusers.csv and field name in the lookup is luser, try following

|inputlookup allusers.csv | table luser| eval count=0 | join type=left luser  [search source="mysource" "login succeeded" | eval luser=lower(user) | stats count(luser) as count by luser]

lindsley
Engager

Thanks a bunch. The only change I had to make to your command was to add a "| rename count(luser) as count"

full command

|inputlookup allusers.csv | table luser| eval count=0 | join type=left luser [search source="mysource" "login succeeded" | eval luser=lower(user) | stats count(luser) as count by luser | rename count(luser) as count]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...