Splunk Search

scheduled update of a lookup file.

daktapaal
Path Finder

Dear Splunkers.
I have a form, where I am loading a drop down, using a lookup file, that searches the top products. I am using.

><![CDATA[|inputlookup top-products.csv]]>

The top-products.csv is a result of outputting the search results of the top products. <!--
index = "ssh" | dedup product | table product | outputlookup products-table.csv
called as Search-Product-->

I then use one of the products selected in the drop down for creating a search string. All works fine. I now need to make sure I always get the correct and updated set of products in the drop down. This probably requires me to run the search " Search-Product" above, regularly like every day, so that I can get the updated results every day..

Is there a way to schedule a search like :
index = "ssh" | dedup product | table product | outputlookup products-table.csv

on a daily basis or hourly basis?

Dak

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

aholzer
Motivator

Yes. Save your search. Go to Manager > saved searches > edit the saved search related to this. Click the check box labeled "schedule this search", and it'll expand all the options you have available for scheduling a search to run automatically.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

aholzer
Motivator

Yes. Save your search. Go to Manager > saved searches > edit the saved search related to this. Click the check box labeled "schedule this search", and it'll expand all the options you have available for scheduling a search to run automatically.

Hope this helps.

Ayn
Legend

Converted your answering comment to a proper answer, again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...