Splunk Search

index time extraction

aab5272
Engager

I have to discard keyvalue pair from a event to null queue during index time extraction .Also there are certain key value pairs that i want to extract using Extract .My extract in props.conf is working file but the transform is not working .
here is the configuration:-

props.conf

TRANSFORM-null = setnull

transforms.conf

[setnull]
[ignore]
REGEX = cs\d+Label\=(.*?(?=(?:\s[\w.:\[\]]+=|$)))
REPEAT_MATCH = True
DEST_Key=queue
FORMAT=nullQueue

for belo kind of keyvalue pair is sending the whole event to nullQueue

cs5Label=EventId

Any solution?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In props.conf you've got the wrong key:

TRANSFORM-null = setnull

Should be

TRANSFORMS-null = setnull

I did the same thing about a month ago and I lost 4 hours of my life or more... vowed never to forget it again and so I spotted it right away on your post.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

You should edit your post and use for config file content the little Code 101010 button or select the text and press CTRL-K this will keep everything as code.

Like your [setnull] stanza is empty, is that lost because of the formatting or is there actually nothing?

cheers, MuS

aab5272
Engager

consider below configuration.

props.conf

TRANSFORM-null = setnull

transforms.conf

[setnull]
REGEX = cs\d+Label=(.*?(?=(?:\s[\w.:[]]+=|$)))
REPEAT_MATCH = True
DEST_Key=queue
FORMAT=nullQueue

for below kind of keyvalue pair is sending the whole event to nullQueue

cs5Label=EventId

Any solution?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is still broken. I have reformatted your code block in your original text. Go back in and DO NOT change the indenting but check/fix the character strings.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...