Splunk Search

how to plot some count on gmaps instead of plotting count of events for given geo

kavyatim
Path Finder

Hi ,

I have a 23 faults in XXXX city with X as latitude and Y as longitude,
Now I want to plot fault count (23) on gmaps for the given lat and long.

The event count in my data for city XXXX is one, I know we can plot this 1 on gmaps for given lat/long but instead of ploting this one i want to plot 23 on gmaps.

kindly note that there are no repeated cities and lat/long in my data,each row is unique.

So I cannot proceed with and geo commands.

Can anyone thing over it and help me to plot count on gmaps for given lat/long.

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try using iplocation and the geostats command vs. the gmaps app.

clientip=* | iplocation clientip allfields=true | geostats count by clientip

Or to see more good stuff with it:

clientip=* | iplocation clientip allfields=true | geostats translatetoxy=false count by clientip,City,Continent,Country,Region,MetroCode,Timezone,lat,lon

Or:

clientip=* | iplocation clientip allfields=true | geostats translatetoxy=false count by clientip,City,Continent,Country,Region,MetroCode,Timezone,lat,lon | table clientip * | sort - geobin
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...