Splunk Search

how to keep sender name with space in search result

avikc100
Path Finder

I am using Splunk Enterprise Version: 9.1.0.1.

my search query is :

index="webmethods_prd" source="/apps/webmethods/integrationserver/instances/default/logs/USCustomerEDI.log" InterfaceName=USCUSTOMERPO Status=Success OR Status=Failure | eval timestamp=strftime(_time, "%F")|chart limit=30 dc(TxID) over Sender_ID by timestamp

in result I am getting incomplete Sender_ID, splunk removed space from Sender_ID

avikc100_0-1708478589514.png

but actually it should be full name , like this :

avikc100_1-1708478644765.png

How can I preserve the full Sender_ID here?

Avik

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You have not shown how Sender_ID has been extracted. Having said that, you may need to re-extract it with a rex command, such as this:

| rex "Sender_ID=(?<Sender_ID>.+)\s Receiver_ID"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

avikc100
Path Finder

used rex "Receiver_ID =(?<Receiver_ID>.+)\s TxnType" and worked

0 Karma

avikc100
Path Finder

Sender_ID is present in log line:

2024-02-16 09:55:41:829 EST| INFO |InterfaceName=USCUSTOMERPO POCanonical_JSONHttpDataProcess=END JSON data successfully processed to Order Processor application for TxID=20240216095535623-0EEu Sender_ID=hC Bioscience Inc Receiver_ID=ThermoFisher Scientific TxnType=USCustomer_PO Format=cXML Direction=Inbound PO_Num=2550 Status=Success

avikc100_2-1708541547193.png

I have updated the query bit still space is truncated 

InterfaceName=USCUSTOMERPO Status=Success OR Status=Failure | eval timestamp=strftime(_time, "%F")|chart limit=30 dc(TxID) over Sender_ID by timestamp|rex "Sender_ID=(?<Sender_ID>.+)\s"

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You have not shown how Sender_ID has been extracted. Having said that, you may need to re-extract it with a rex command, such as this:

| rex "Sender_ID=(?<Sender_ID>.+)\s Receiver_ID"
0 Karma

avikc100
Path Finder

Can you please help to extract Receiver_ID also, how should I regex it?

Receiver_ID ='Thermo Fisher Sci West Palm Beach' TxnType=

0 Karma

avikc100
Path Finder

Sender_ID is present in logging:
as example: 
2024-02-16 09:55:41:829 EST| INFO |InterfaceName=USCUSTOMERPO POCanonical_JSONHttpDataProcess=END JSON data successfully processed to Order Processor application for TxID=20240216095535623-0EEu Sender_ID=hC Bioscience Inc Receiver_ID=ThermoFisher Scientific TxnType=USCustomer_PO Format=cXML Direction=Inbound PO_Num=2550 Status=Success

please help to form the query :
i tried this but still the issue persist

it is taking only 1st word from log line 

avikc100_1-1708521074880.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...