Splunk Search

eval IP function - help

griggsy

Hello,

I have a search woring which returns single IP addresses as source for certain events. As part of this I want to pass the source address into the eval function. I have eval working with "eval ip = "10.0.0.2" I am then passing this into a lookup table and everything is great but I want to automate this so that the results from source are automatically passed through eval IP and then matched on my lookup so that I can return additional information form the lookup.

However I can't get the eval function to use the results from the source field returned as per the search. I have tried the following:

eval IP = source
eval source as IP

I must be missing something can someone put me out my misery please?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Whenever you use eval and you want to pass a field into it, you must have single tic's around the field value.

So if you wanted IP to be source, it would look like this

| eval IP='source'

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...