Splunk Search

command="sendemail", (535, '5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful') while sending mail to

indeed_2000
Motivator

hi i want to use sendmail spl command but it give me below error

command="sendemail", (535, '5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful') while sending mail to: myemail@mydomain.com

my spl command:

index=_internal | head 5 | sendemail to="myemail@mydomain.com" server=mail.server.com subject="Here is an email from Splunk" message="This is an example message" sendresults=true inline=true format=raw sendpdf=true

FYI:email setting from web server configuration already set correctly, and i test it with alert and send email correctly, but when i use sendmail spl command not work!

also i check config file it set correctly:

/opt/splunk/etc/system/local/alert_actions.conf

any idea?

thanks,

Labels (4)
Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

indeed_2000
Motivator

after some workaround solved, server not joined to the domain. I write my username with domain, it fixed.

myuser@domain.com

View solution in original post

0 Karma

indeed_2000
Motivator

after some workaround solved, server not joined to the domain. I write my username with domain, it fixed.

myuser@domain.com

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's easiest to check with the email server's admin but I'd say that sendemail command doesn't authenticate itself.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a response from the server you're trying to use to send mail through. For some reason it's not letting you do it. You should ask the admin of  that server why.

0 Karma

indeed_2000
Motivator

alert and sendmail using same method, what is different?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...