Splunk Search

Unable to connect

parmatma
Engager

When i am entering my splunk server hostname and its port number 8000. It is giving me Unable to connect.
How to solve it

1 Solution

paramgup
Engager

First try that your hostname is able to resolve ipaddress.
eg:- Ping SplunkServer Hostname.
If it is successfull
than try to telnet your splunkserver hostname with port 8000

If you are not able to telnet port 8000, than go to splunk server. if it is Window Server than restart the splunk services in services.msc
If it is Linux server than restart the service with (sudo 'path of your splunk' start)

View solution in original post

Drainy
Champion

Before you try any of that, just check if you have port 8000 allowed through your firewall. Its the usual culprit, also check that Splunk is actually started 🙂

0 Karma

paramgup
Engager

First try that your hostname is able to resolve ipaddress.
eg:- Ping SplunkServer Hostname.
If it is successfull
than try to telnet your splunkserver hostname with port 8000

If you are not able to telnet port 8000, than go to splunk server. if it is Window Server than restart the splunk services in services.msc
If it is Linux server than restart the service with (sudo 'path of your splunk' start)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...