Splunk Search

Timechart: How to show "0"when no results found

kryzew
Explorer

Hello,

I'm try go get "0" in my result when there is no events. I get only "no result found".

index=*mysearch
| timechart count as count
| accum count as count

Any idea?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rafamss
Contributor
0 Karma

kryzew
Explorer

First solution work for me fine, thank you both for your help.

BR

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

Hey,

Did you see this topic: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/Timecharts-and-how-to-avoid-quot-no-results-found-insp...
They resolved the same problem that you are facing.

0 Karma

tonyread
Observer
| makeresults 1 
| timechart count span=1m 
| eval flag=1 
| append 
    [ search index=doesnotexist 
    | timechart count span=1m] 
| timechart sum(eval(flag!=1)) as count 
| fillnull count

Not the most elegant but this might do what you're looking for.  Use the makeresults command to force a single result, which you can then do a timecount on, and append that with your actual search (index=*mysearch).  If that now returns 0 results, the first search forces in its results and avoids the "no results found" message.  I've asumed you want span=1m.  You can experiment with this.

Of course, if you just want a single zero as your result, not a table of zeros as in my solution, then that requires a different approach.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...