Splunk Search

Splunk show duplicate event but there is only one

darismendy
Explorer

Hello

I'm monitoring a directory with splunk when i search for those events it shows me by example the field id with count =2alt text

but if i search for that id it shows me only one event , why is this happening?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Also make sure that, the time range of both searches are exactly same.

0 Karma

mdsnmss
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your data is coming in JSON or some other structured format and you are having fields extracted at index time then you do not need them done at search time. That is likely what is occuring here. On the search head where this is occuring set KV_MODE = none for the sourcetype that this data is in. Then it should only be extracted at index time and not at search time as well.

0 Karma

darismendy
Explorer

Hello thank you for our answer, I'm not making extractions at index time, i'm just only not truncating the incoming data

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Can you share both the searches (ideally screenshots that show the search query, as well as the (relevant part of) the results?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...