Splunk Search

Splunk rest api services/search/v2/jobs/export to search multiline command

gopal

Hi ,

i am trying to execute multiline splunk commands as below using rest endpoint

services/search/v2/jobs/export

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.1/RESTREF/RESTsearch#search.2Fv2.2Fjobs.2Fexport

search command :

| inputlookup some_inputlokupfile.csv

| rename user as CUSTOMER,  zone as REGION, "product"  as PRODUCT_ID

| fields CUSTOMER*, PRODUCT_ID

| outputlookup some_example_generated_file.csv.gz override_if_empty=false

when i execute the curl it returns success 200 but file is not created.

is it possible to invoke multiline search command using pipe with this or any other search api?

the search is dynamic i cant create savedsearch and execute.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Are you able to generate the some_example_generated_file.csv.gz file from running the search in the Splunk webUI as the user whose credentials or token is being used to authorize the API request?

There should be no problem running searches with piped segments using curl and the search api endpoints. Though you may have to tweak the character encoding in the search query. I recommend trying it segment-by-segment to see if it generates the expected results.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

you could write “multi line” searches separated by | on one line. In normal situation there is no mater have you written SPL in one line or formatting it to several lines. It’s just for reading it easier.

You could also write your query as a report and then call it with savedsearch your report via rest.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...