Splunk Search

Splunk rest API - List "All configurations"

vamsigurram
Path Finder

Hi, 

WHen i go into splunk console --> settings --> "All Configurations", i see 2000+ entries for seach and reporting app.

How do i pull all these rows using rest api?

I want to list all these knowledge objects per author (owner).

I tried something like this, but that did not give all the results.

| rest "/servicesNS/-/search/saved/searches"

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vamsigurram
Path Finder

Looking at splunk docs, i found the below REST API, gives all the info that "All Configurations"  is giving us.

| rest /servicesNS/-/search/directory | search eai:acl.app="search"

The only question, i have is why does splunk give me "All configurations" for all the apps, when i clearly mentioned search app, as highlighted above?

Hence i had to limit my results to search app, by doing | search eai:acl.app="search"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The "All Configurations" page contains far more than saved searches.  To get all of the same information via REST requires multiple calls.

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/search/saved/searches
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-transforms
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-macros
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-commands

This is not a complete list.  The REST manual should have what you need to complete the task.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vamsigurram
Path Finder

Looking at splunk docs, i found the below REST API, gives all the info that "All Configurations"  is giving us.

| rest /servicesNS/-/search/directory | search eai:acl.app="search"

The only question, i have is why does splunk give me "All configurations" for all the apps, when i clearly mentioned search app, as highlighted above?

Hence i had to limit my results to search app, by doing | search eai:acl.app="search"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...