Splunk Search

Splunk "ip_lookups table does not exist" error

pilotbri

I'm getting a red triangle with the error "The lookup table 'ip_lookups' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'json-too_small'."

any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jmangs
Explorer

I fixed this by putting the json-too_small : LOOKUP-ip_dst_lookups and json-too_small : LOOKUP-ip_src_lookups automatic lookups created by the nprobe application to App only sharing. In my case, it was shared globally. Strangely enough, I didn't have this issue on all of my indexers either so I'm not sure the exact cause but it's probably related to permissions.

0 Karma

drelo

I've got the same issue on 6.4 & it appears to be tied to the probe app too. Did you manage to resolve this?

0 Karma

0YAoNnmRmKDg
Path Finder

Hi,

Just to confirm there are no lookups built into the freenas app, so likely from another app.

Let me know if you do find it linked though!

Cheers

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check for an automatic lookup defined for sourcetype json-too_small referring a lookup definition called ip_lookups that doesn't exist or isn't shared with your roles.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should remove the FreeNAS tag if you've found it to be not guilty.

0 Karma

pilotbri

actually, it looks like the problem started with nprobe and not freenas. But I'll poke around there and see what I can find.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...