Splunk Search

Splunk Realtime report

jadengoho
Builder

I am trying to create a dashboard in realtime , a savedsearch that ouputcsv then used that in the dashboard (20panel)

currently i have a search(4hrs) that outputcsv but not in REALTIME, would it be possible to outputcsv in a realtime search.
If not , what would be the easier way ?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

why would you want to constantly output a csv?
can you elaborate on what is it that you are trying to achieve here?

0 Karma

hortonew
Builder

Yea a use case would be nice to have. The problem with constantly updating a csv is you're constantly changing the search knowledge bundle, and I'm not entirely sure what that would do to your environment. A better approach might involve summary indexing, kvstore, or data model + acceleration at the end of the day. I would think constantly outputting a csv would be the last thing you'd want to do.

jadengoho
Builder

Here is the situation :
I have a dashboard with 20 panels, each panel do different things.
- it must get the 24hrs worth of data (12,000+ data per 24hrs)
- It must be in real time( every 5-30 seconds if possible) since it was using a time chart
- must work smoothly as possible

Now here's my concern:
- If I use a data model + acceleration/ summary indexing: would it gather new data less than a minute ago?

Why did i use outputcsv ?
- I create a saved search that outputcsv file every minute ( that the shortest chron I think ), I kind of lost of option that why I choose it.

What is the best way to handle this kind of situation?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...