Splunk Search

Select all values from downdown list

hastrike

I have populated drop down input list in my dashboard and I am able to select all my options but everything I have tried using "*" as the wild card doesn't appear to work. Any help on how I can get an All value to select everything in the drop down and have the panels on my dashboard select all the values.

Like I said I was able to get it to work when I just select a single value.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Got the problem now. You're using "|where" clause for filter based on Domain. The wildcard for it is "%" not "*". So you got two option to solve your problem.

1) In dropdown, change the value for "All" option to %

replace All with All

2) In your query, replace where with search which accepts * as wildcard.

replace | where Ministry ="$Ministry$" with | searchMinistry ="$Ministry$"

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Not sure I understand the question fully here. So you don't get result in your dashboard panels if you select dropdown value as "All" ?

0 Karma

hastrike

that is correct, basically I can select a specific domain and it will query fine but if I want to select all to query all domains it doesn't do anything. Below is the code that is used for the drop down box.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I don't see a problem with the dropdown. Could you post the panel query that is not returning results when your dropdown token is "*"?

0 Karma

hastrike

| dbquery mcafee "SELECT DISTINCT UPPER(EPOLeafNode.NodeName) AS Name, EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate AS mcafee_scantime,EPOComputerProperties.DomainName as Domain, EPOLeafNode.AgentVersion, EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.productversion AS VSEVersion, EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.enginever, EPOComputerProperties.OSType AS OS, EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.datver, RTRIM(EPOComputerProperties.userproperty1) AS McAfeeAssetTag, UPPER(EPOComputerProperties.userproperty3) as SerialNumber FROM EPOLeafNode LEFT JOIN EPOProdPropsView_SOLIDCORE ON EPOLeafNode.AutoID = EPOProdPropsView_SOLIDCORE.LeafNodeID LEFT JOIN EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT ON EPOLeafNode.AutoID = EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT.LeafNodeID LEFT JOIN EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN ON EPOLeafNode.AutoID = EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.LeafNodeID LEFT JOIN EPOComputerProperties ON EPOLeafNode.AutoID = EPOComputerProperties.ParentID where EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate > DATEADD(MONTH, -1, GETDATE())" | table Name SerialNumber McAfeeAssetTag mcafee_scantime Domain OS AgentVersion VSEVersion enginever datver | eval mcafee_scantime = strftime(mcafee_scantime, "%F") | eval Datasource="Mcafee" | dedup Name | eval_ministries(Domain) | where Ministry ="$Ministry$" | stats count by AgentVersion

Like I said it works if I select the actual ministry just fine.

0 Karma

dgrubb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try adding:

count: '-1'

to your code, so it will display all the results.

0 Karma

hastrike

Sorry I am not sure where I would put that?
Here is my code:

<choice value="*">All</choice>
  <search>
    <query>index="lnf_snow_table_alm_hardware"  | dedup dv_company  | rename dv_company AS Domain | `eval_ministries(Domain)` | table Ministry | dedup Ministry |  sort by Ministry</query>
    <earliest>-30d@d</earliest>
    <latest>now</latest>
  </search>

Everything I seen online says to use quotes and * but I can't get it to work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...