Splunk Search

Search process did not exit cleanly, exit_code=255, description="exited with code 255". Please look in search.log

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

I am getting the following error on my search head whenever i run query in a newly created app.

• Search results might be incomplete: the search process on the peer:indexer1 ended prematurely. Check the peer log, such as $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log and as well as the search.log for the particular search.
  • [Indexer 1] Search process did not exit cleanly, exit_code=255, description="exited with code 255". Please look in search.log for this peer in the Job Inspector for more info.

In the search.log this is the error"

12-15-2021 05:42:06.881 ERROR dispatchRunner - RunDispatch::runDispatchThread threw error: Application does not exist: 

"

The above error is present for on all four of our indexers.

What is the cause for this? How do we fix this error?

Thank You!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you install the new app on the indexers?  If not, try it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...