Splunk Search

Query missing on each host

CarolinaHB
Explorer

Good Morning, 

I'm working in a query to see which application is missing on each host. 

Can you help me, please?

For example

Host     application

Guardicore

Host1 cortex

Tenable

Trend Micro

Host2 cortex

Tenable

I need, it to show me what is missing

• In its example Guardicore y tenable

Regardes

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @CarolinaHB,

there are two solutions that depend on the  location of the monitoring perimeter:

if you have a lookup containing the list of each app that should be present in each host (called e.g. app_perimeter.csv and containing at least two fields: host and application), you could run something like this:

<your_search>
| stats count BY host application
| append [ | inputlookup app_perimeter.csv | eval count=0 | fields host application count ]
| stats sum(count) AS total BY host application
| eval status=if(total=0,"Missing","Present")
| table host application status

If instead you don't have this lookup and you want to compare results e.g. of the last 24 hours with the results of the last 30 days, you could run something like this:

<your_search> earliest=30d latest=now
| eval period=if(_time>now()-86400,"Last day","Previous days")
| stats dc(period) AS period_count values(period) AS period BY host application
| eval status=if(period_count=1 AND period="Previous days","Missing","Present")
| table host application status

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...