Splunk Search

Query - Splunk "DB Connect" app

coolgagan13

We are using Splunk "DB Connect" app running on search head to connect to remote MS SQL database and pull relevant information using desired SQL queries. Somehow for one of our requirements, the SQL query we built is actually a set of SQL statements that not only read the database but also write to it.

Is it possible to use that query via this app ?

Thanks,
Amar

Tags (2)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

There is a 'Read Only" checkbox in the form in Manager where you define new external database connections. I guess that unchecking it allows for you to do INSERT, DELETE, DROP etc.

Have NOT tested it 🙂

/K

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Sorry, I just gave what little information I had. As I said, I have not tested it.

0 Karma

coolgagan13

Thanks Kristian. But that option is still in Beta phase correct ? And what if our SQL query has more then one SELECT statements ?

Thanks,
Amar

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...