Splunk Search

Permissions issue Executable for Splunk App

Roy_9
Motivator

Hi,

I am facing a executable permission issue for the few scripts for a splunk app and seeing these errors on various search heads, what is the best way to fix it? can someone help me with the script or a fix if you ever come across?

thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Hi @gcusello 

This is happening for splunk add-on for nix and OS is linux  in a clustered SH. I checked the permissions are set to executible in the code repository but those are not getting replicated to search heads.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Roy_9 ,

when you speak of code repository, are you meaning the SHC-Deployer or what else?

check in the SHC-Deployer the grants and owners of all files and push again the app from the SHC-Deployer to the SH members.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@gcusello We are using git repo for any code changes and i have validated that the permissions are set to executable on the deployers, do you want me to push these once again?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Roy_9,

check executable grants and check if the file owner (splunk I suppose) is the owner also of the splunkd process running on the server.

If the owner is root and the process runs as splunk there could be an issue.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Roy_9 ,

you shared too few information to help you:

• Which kind of scripts are you speaching ?
  • which OS are you using?
  • Have you a lustered or stand alone SH ?
  • Why do you want to execute these scripts on SH?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...