Splunk Search

Lookup Search

sumit29
Path Finder

Dear Experts,

I need to write the custom search where user x can login from 5 sources , I am thinking to use lookup( 5 allowed Source IP) , Suppose if user login not from this lookup table(alloweduser) where field name IP. I should get a alert .

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I would use an eventtype and then everyone can use the same one (referentially) and you have only 1 place to modify it such that the change is instantly effective everywhere; use eventtypes.conf like this:

[USER_X_DISALLOWED LOGINS]
search = user="X" IP!="A" IP!="B" IP!="C" IP!="D" IP!="E"

[DISALLOWED LOGINS]
search = IP!="F" IP!="G" IP!="H" IP!="I" IP!="J"

Then you search like this:

eventtype=USER_X_DISALLOWED LOGINS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I would use an eventtype and then everyone can use the same one (referentially) and you have only 1 place to modify it such that the change is instantly effective everywhere; use eventtypes.conf like this:

[USER_X_DISALLOWED LOGINS]
search = user="X" IP!="A" IP!="B" IP!="C" IP!="D" IP!="E"

[DISALLOWED LOGINS]
search = IP!="F" IP!="G" IP!="H" IP!="I" IP!="J"

Then you search like this:

eventtype=USER_X_DISALLOWED LOGINS
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...