Splunk Search

How would I merge the events from two log files so that it appears as if coming from a single host?

cal_dunigan

The logs are created by the same application and have the same fields.

What I am after is displaying the count of events from two hosts (of 10) as a single host in a timechart. This search breaks out authentications across 10 hosts, I want it to look like there are 9 hosts.

sourcetype=rsa_auth AUTHN_LOGIN_EVENT| timechart span=1d count by host

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jhupka
Path Finder

You could do it in the search with an eval to merge the two hosts' data into one:

sourcetype=rsa_auth AUTHN_LOGIN_EVENT | eval host=if(host="serverA.foo.com" OR host="serverB.foo.com", "single_server.foo.com", host) | timechart span=1d count by host

View solution in original post

jhupka
Path Finder

You could do it in the search with an eval to merge the two hosts' data into one:

sourcetype=rsa_auth AUTHN_LOGIN_EVENT | eval host=if(host="serverA.foo.com" OR host="serverB.foo.com", "single_server.foo.com", host) | timechart span=1d count by host
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...