Splunk Search

How to restrict events based on the time range?

bollam
Path Finder

Hello,

I have a script which runs every 4 hours and the output is written to Splunk, Everyday six are being written to Splunk.
I need to restrict events based on the time range I select, For an instance, When I look for the last 24 hours I need only one event to be shown, but actually there are six events in the last 24 hours, Similarly when I check for the last 7 days I need to see only 7 events i.e., one event from each day need to be displayed. I'm not sure if it's possible.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Try adding this to your search:

| bin _time span=1d | dedup _time

I think this gets you the last event of each day.

bollam
Path Finder

Thanks FrankVI for the prompt response!! It worked!!

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You're welcome 🙂

Please mark the answer as accepted, so this can easily be found by others with the same question in the future 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...