Splunk Search

How to pick a values are in sequence using streamstats greater than 8 continuous value

DataOrg
Builder

If a streamstats sequence value is continuous to 1-10 values. i need to pick entire count of data . My search is | streamstats reset_on_change=true count(value_TS) AS Sequence BY incremented TS
for example: if sequence is equal to 4 or greater than 3. i need to pick all 4 values ie(1-4) or else skip
mockUp data
streamsstats

0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
your_search
| streamstats reset_on_change=true count(value_TS) AS Sequence BY incremented TS
| reverse
| streamstats reset_after="Sequence=1" count(eval(Sequence>=4)) as flag
| reverse
| where flag > 0

Hi, @premranjithj
How about this?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Whats the expected output of your sample data?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
your_search
| streamstats reset_on_change=true count(value_TS) AS Sequence BY incremented TS
| reverse
| streamstats reset_after="Sequence=1" count(eval(Sequence>=4)) as flag
| reverse
| where flag > 0

Hi, @premranjithj
How about this?

0 Karma

DataOrg
Builder

@to4kawa Super !!! thanks 🙂 worked

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this untested search:

...  | streamstats reset_on_change=true count(value_TS) AS Sequence BY incremented TS
| streamstats max(Sequence) as Max
| where Max > 3
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

DataOrg
Builder

the max value is following the change in sequence value too. i need only the first 4 values and if the sequence is followed in other sequence need to pick the fresh set of values

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...