Splunk Search

How to pass the earliest ,latest time and span as arguments to the curl command to query a saved search

bubby248

I had the curl statement as below

curl -u username:password -k https://hostname:8089/services/search/jobs -d"search=| savedsearch mysavedsearch" -earliest_time="-24h@h" -latest_time="now" -d span="1hr"

But the response is as below
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Error in 'savedsearch' command: Encountered the following error while building a search for saved search 'mysavedsearch': Error while replacing variable name='earliest'. Could not find variable in the argument map.

Can you please help me out with the curl command
With this am expecting an SID, once I get the SID I will try to retreive the results.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

First of all, it looks like you have an placeholder for a variable called earliest in your saved search. Probably you don't want that. But if you do want that, then you need to pass it as arguments to the | savedsearch command, within the search string, e.g., | savedsearch earliest=-24h@h.

But if you really don't want that, take it out of the saved search and just pass it as normal HTTP parameter in curl:

... -d earliest_time=-24h@h ...

0 Karma

bubby248

Thanks mate

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...