Splunk Search

How to pass Panels XML dynamically to Splunk XML Dashboard using Javascript?

ericaooi
Explorer

Hi,

I would like to have a xml panels code to be passed from Javascript to Splunk XML code dynamically.
For instance, by default, the XML dashboard has 2 panels. After that, when javascript file is executed, the panels will be added dynamically accordingly to the conditions of the user to have 3 or more panels based on conditions.

I have tried to passed the XML panel code from Javascript as a token to XML code but the Dashboard does not display the panel in Dashboard. Following is a sample code I have.

XML

<dashboard>

<row>
       $table1$
</row>
</dashboard>

Javascript

const panel = '<panel><table><search><query>index=_internal  | stats count by sourcetype</query><earliest>-24h@h</earliest><latest>now</latest><sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio></search><option name="count">20</option><option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option><option name="drilldown">none</option><option name="percentagesRow">false</option><option name="rowNumbers">false</option><option name="totalsRow">false</option><option name="wrap">true</option></table></panel>'
        var parser = new DOMParser();
        var xmlDoc = parser.parseFromString(panel, "text/xml"); //important to use "text/xml"
        tokens.set("table1", xmlDoc.documentElement);
        submitted_tokens.set(tokens.toJSON());

May I know how to solve this, please?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...