Splunk Search

How to exclude string keyword in same field while using transaction command?

karthi2809
Builder

Thanks in Advance.

In my scenario i want to club the the result using correlationID .so i used transaction command .Below query have multiple conditions are checking from same field called message.So i want to exclude some of the search string in this.So after the transaction i tried to exclude the search string but i am not getting the result.

index="mulesoft"   applicationName="concur" environment=DEV  
("Concur Ondemand Started*") OR (message="Expense Extract Process started for jobName :*")  OR ("Before Calling flow archive-Concur*") OR (message="Concur AP/GL File/s Process Status*")  OR (message="Records Count Validation Passed*") OR  (message="API: START: /v1/expense/extract/ondemand*" OR message="API: START: /v1/fin*") OR (message="Post - Expense Extract processing to Oracle*") | transaction  correlationId| search NOT ("*Failed Processing Concur*")| rename content.SourceFileName as SourceFileName content.JobName as JobName  content.loggerPayload.archiveFileName AS ArchivedFileName content.payload{} as Response content.Region as Region content.ConcurRunId as ConcurRunId content.HeaderCount as HeaderCount content.SourceFileDTLCount
 as SourceFileDTLCount content.APRecordsCountStaged
 as APRecordsCountStaged content.GLRecordsCountStaged
 as GLRecordsCountStaged
| eval "FileName/JobName"= coalesce(SourceFileName,JobName)| eval JobType=case(like('message',"%Concur Ondemand Started%"),"OnDemand",like('message',"Expense Extract Process started%"),"Scheduled", true() , "Unknown")| eval Status=case(like('message' ,"%Concur AP/GL File/s Process Status%"),"SUCCESS", like('message',"%EXCEPTION%"),"ERROR") 
 |table correlationId "FileName/JobName" Status ArchivedFileName JobType Response Region ConcurRunId HeaderCount SourceFileDTLCount APRecordsCountStaged GLRecordsCountStaged

Labels (5)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @karthi2809,

Since there is no _raw data after transaction command you cannot make free text searches. You should search using specific field like 

| search NOT message="*Failed Processing Concur*"

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Actually, there is _raw after transaction. It's comprised of merged values of _raw field of events making up the transaction.

But the question is whether there are any events matching this condition.

First think I'd check would be to search without the "NOT" condition and see if it matches any events at all.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...