Splunk Search

How to do hierarchy query?

jojujose

For simplicity sake, my data definition looks like: (FileId,ObjectId,ParentObjectId)
My data sample may look like:
f1,o1,null
f1,o1,null
f1,o2,o1
f1,o3,o2
I am basically trying to see something like this in the o/p..
Max depth in hierarchy for the above data set will be 2 (since, o3->o2->o1)
Also, I am interested in looking at the depth across fileIds..like a group by of the above results over fileIds
Any help in this will be appreciated!

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Install the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App and look at the Sankey Chart. Its a custom visualization for hierarchical data.

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

Hi jojujose,

With base in your sample, I believe that you need use the transaction command for this. This command classify the start and end of each event.

Veja se isto ajuda: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Transaction

[]s
RM

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...