Splunk Search

How to deal with repeating fields in a single event

uhaba
Explorer

We noticed that Microsoft OWA logs produce a repeating field. How can we make them into individual ones instead of just picking up the first hit?

E.g. the Param field in the log below.

11/17/2017 1:45:05 PM Server="SERVER" User="EMAIL@Email.com" Identity="stuff" Cmdlet="New-InboxRule" Param="-SubjectContainsWords 'Account limit has been exceeded'" Param="-DeleteMessage 'True'" Param="-Name 'Subject contains 'Account limit has been exceeded''" Param="-StopProcessingRules 'True'" Param="-Force 'True'" Param="-AlwaysDeleteOutlookRulesBlob 'True'" Success="True" Error="None"

0 Karma

susan78

It is a very informational and commendable update indeed.Even I was also looking out for the following.I want to include with it that I have been facing a problem regarding the GPS signal which is not found.I have tried out the troubleshooting procedures:
1. Disabled the Mock Locations. Step 1: On my Samsung Android smartphone, gone to Settings > About Phone.
2. Toggled Airplane mode on/off.
3. Reset Location Settings.
4. Restarted the Phone.
5. Retested the Network Settings.
6. Updated the Pokémon GO.
Suggest us anything else we need to include regarding the garmin map updates free download 2019 for the perfect resolution.

0 Karma

mtulett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

More than likely this won't work, but you might able to try adding the following stanza to transforms.conf to extract them and turn them into fields automatically (don't forget to reference it from props.conf):

[get-params]
REGEX = Param=\"-(.+?)\s'(.+?)'\"
FORMAT = $1::$2
MV_ADD = true
0 Karma

kml_uvce
Builder

you can extract fields by using props.conf and transforms.conf or extract from web-gui, you can also give different names like param1, param2 etc

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...