Splunk Search

How to create trigger alert if the count in the dashboard is zero?

prettysunshinez
Explorer

I would want an alert to be triggered and sent to mail if a particular panel has the count=0 in the dashboard

how should we achieve that

pls help

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

prettysunshinez
Explorer

@gcusello  The search of the panel has values parsed from the other panels in the dashbaord.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Anyway, the only solution is the one I described:

you have to create one single search and save it as an alert, it isn't possible to create an alert taking parameters from other panels or inputs.

I could add that the concept of alert is to have a rule that automatically checks the conditions and triggers without human intervenes.

You could also add the sendmail command to a panel, but in this way, the mail is sent every time you open the dashboard and I don't think that's acceptable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @prettysunshinez,

you have only to take the search in the panel and run it in the Search dashboard, then you have to save it as an Alert, adding the other informations: trigger condition (count=0), scheduling, time frame, etc...).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...