Splunk Search

How to create Reports from a seed file?

vader13

I have six different SPL queries that I run on a specific IP Address.  Is it possible to save a search as a report, schedule that report to run, and provide the report a seed file of IP addresses.

I have 20+ IP addresses that I need to run the same 6 reports on.  Right now i'm just running them interactively, which is a pain.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could save the ip addresses to  lookup file and use inputlookup to retrieve the ipaddresses to use in your reports.

Admittedly, this answer is vague as it depends on the nature of your searches and what you are trying to achieve as output e.g. this method could be used if you want to combine the reports in to just 6 with all the ipaddresses in each report, although you could update the searches to take into account the extra dimension of ipaddress (depending on your actual searches).

0 Karma

vader13

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll see if that works for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...