Splunk Search

How search how many concurrent searches (adhoc, report, summary, etc) are running at the same time in my environment?

melonman
Motivator

Hi

Can anyone help me create a search in audittrail index to get the min/avg/max number of concurrent searches in a Splunk environment?
I would like to know how many searches are running concurrently in my environment, and use this info as capacity planning.

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

You can adjust the span as appropriate

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="search_concurrency" | timechart span=1h sum(active_hist_searches) as total | stats avg(total) min(total) max(total)

You could also explore the active_realtime_searches field.

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

You can adjust the span as appropriate

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="search_concurrency" | timechart span=1h sum(active_hist_searches) as total | stats avg(total) min(total) max(total)

You could also explore the active_realtime_searches field.

landen99
Motivator

I downvoted this post because "sum(active_hist_searches)" doesn't have any real meaning. if i reported a million times in an hour that there was 1 active search, you would see 1 million searches as "total".

0 Karma

melonman
Motivator

Should aggregation be "sum(active_hist_searches)" or "avg(active_hist_searches)" OR maybe max() ??

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...