Splunk Search

How do I split an event with extracted fields into rows?

shaheelkhan59

Hello all,

I've used the following SPL to extract some fields from my logs.
alt text

I got the following result.
alt text

My issue is that each row in pic2 is not in separate rows. They are a part of an event. I want each row in Pic2 as separate rows. How this can be done?

i've tried mvexpand, but I didn't get the required format.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The mvexpand command is the answer, but it's a little tricky because you have several multi-value fields. See Example 3 in the mvexpand docs at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/SearchReference/Mvexpand#Examples.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

shaheelkhan59

I did this. It also worked perfectly
alt text

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The mvexpand command is the answer, but it's a little tricky because you have several multi-value fields. See Example 3 in the mvexpand docs at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/SearchReference/Mvexpand#Examples.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

shaheelkhan59

Thanks richgalloway it worked perfect. Thanks again for quick response. Following pics shows what I changedalt textalt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...