Splunk Search

How do I create an alert that is triggered if group name exists in a lookup table?

AL3Z
Builder

Hi,
I want to create an alert that triggers when a user_name  exist in a lookup table (e.g. group_names.csv). But I'm not sure how to create the search string for this. The fields I'm using in the group_names.csv lookup table is group_names type as follows:

If the user_name matches group_names listed in the table, the alert should triggered. Any help on how to do this are much appreciated.

Thanks..

Labels (1)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To match user_name with group_names listed in a lookup, you can use a subsearch if there is no other condition that you need to calculate.

<some additional filters>
  [ | inputlookup group_names.csv
  | rename group_names as user_name ]
| stats count by user_name

Hope this helps.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...